With the theme “A new Era of Technology”, Techdays 2012 today continues in Hanoi to introduce Windows 8 – the most desirable operating system of the year – to IT experts, enthusiasts and end-users.
During the event, Microsoft focuses to demonstrate Windows 8 solutions and new technology approaches to meet all demands of services, operation, management of enterprises and organisations. The live demos of Windows 8 have showcased its efficiency and optimality in terms of competency, more sophisticated and various demands as well as high quality of customer services. Discussion sessions provide not only an overview of Windows 8, solutions of productivity, security, comprehensiveness and flexiblity but also offer in-depth discussions for IT experts in systems implementation and management issues.
During over the last decade, the way people work has changed dramatically. Employees have been bringing their personal devices into working environment to increase their flexibility, efficiency and productivity. Household technology entered into the spotlight along with the users’ demand of round-the-clock connectivity from anywhere and at anytime.
The always –on connectivity in any devices for both work and play to efficiently access and precisely process the data remain the top priority of enterprises. The solutions which enable leaders to handle information flexibly and staffs to execute efficiently while ensure security and safety are among essential things that enterprises and organisations always highly consider.
Windows 8 is the perfect solution for the issues given its modern UI, easy-to-use, connected, secured and compatible approach on many devices.
Vu Minh Tri, country manager, Microsoft Vietnam, said: “Windows 8 PCs could give leaders, office worker as well as IT administrative staff a truly “no-compromise” experience with full productivity benefits plus convenience and mobility. In details, Windows 8 offers touch, keyboard, mouse, pen, and voice capabilities that enable all users or IT professionals to work in ways most convenient for them”
Windows 8 is considered as a turning point for Microsoft and technology industry in the world thanks to the compatible platform with the whole ecosystem of Microsoft including PCs, tablets and mobile devices. Moreover, users can switch between the multi-touch, virtual keyboard and physical keyboard with only one simple step.
“Being supported with both touch-based and traditional interfaces, this new operating system enables customers to be completely comfortable when using the mouse, keyboard as well as the multi-touch and virtual keyboard on the computer. Windows 8 offers the one platform which is completely compatible with old Windows editions’ features, multitasking, traditional desktop and new optimized features, Windows 8 enables us to work more creatively and effectively. This OS can help solve the massive amount of work of any individuals most completely,” said Professor Nguyen Viet Hai, a leading IT expert.
Trinh Khac Toan – Windows Product manager, Microsoft Vietnam added: “A well connected Windows 8 device can deliver users security-enhanced, hassle-free access to the data, applications, people, and social networking tools they need”.
Windows 8 Figures and Facts:
It is a convincingly said that Windows 8 is the breakthrough operating system not only for users but also for partners and organisations today:
– PC shipments increased only 0.5 per cent from 2010 to 352.8 million units in 2011 . The worldwide PC shipments totaled 92.7 million units in Q4, 2011. (Source: IDC)
– It is expected that by end of 2013, there will be 391.1 million PC Shipments in 2013 and 418.6 million units in 2014 (Source: IDC)
– According to IDC, factors such as Windows 8 coupled with Ultra books could present a positive turn of events next year, but it also faces some initial hurdles; chief of which is that buyers must acclimate themselves to an operating system that is a dramatic departure from existing PC paradigms.” IDC now expects worldwide PC shipment growth will average 7.1% per cent from 2013-2016, exceeding the 5 per cent growth of 2012.
– Completely compatible with Windows 7 paradigms, Windows 8 is a forwarding upgrade for more than 600 million existing Windows 7-based PCs.
– More than 400,000 programmers and developers participated in more than 800 conferences from over 87 countries on Windows 8 applications. The Windows AppFest with 2,500 developers participated is awarded the Guinness world record.
– In Vietnam, the worldwide hackathon Vietnam 2012 held in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in November 9-11, 2012 attracted 600 developers to group in team and develop applications for Windows 8 within 48 hours. The competition has been very successful event with 130 apps produced, of which 38 apps make the finalist round, and 13 are awarded prizes.
– More than 14 local partners such as FPT Software, Lac Viet, TMA Solution, Viet Software etc. have developed apps for the innovative OS Windows 8.
– Currently, there are approximately 1.4 billion Windows PCs in the world. It is a great opportunity for Windows Store Apps developers’ community, both economically and accessibly. In addition with business advantages and Microsoft’s commitments, Windows developers maintain the favourable profit margin compared to non-Windows apps development. In APAC, there are more than 30,000 developers from South East Asia, Korea, Australia and New Zealand working on innovative and creative apps for Windows 8.
– Windows Store supports more than 100 languages. Apps to be provided in 231 countries including Australia, Cambodia, China, Hongkong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.
More than 1,000 Windows 8 devices are globally available. In Vietnam, more than 40 Windows 8 devices hit the shelves and been well-received since the first launching day.
– Previewed by 16 million users, Windows 8 is the most tested reviewed and ready operating system in the history of Microsoft. For every USD that Microsoft made in Asia Pacific in 2009, companies in the region made nearly $11.00. And 90 to 95 per cent of Microsoft’s revenue comes through partners, we succeed where they succeed. It means Microsoft and Windows 8 will help to create thousands of employment in local IT sector.
– Windows based business model and activities are executed by more than 54,000 partners globally, thus Windows 8 is expected to bring success and growth for the integrated ecosystem. Microsoft currently has 28,000 partners in the APAC ecosystem and 54,000 partners across Asia, Windows 8 promises to bring about the greatest successes and growth to the whole IT ecosystem.